Meet Native XML Databases Users
September 4, 2008
Do you want to hear native XML database users speak about their experiences? Do you want to ask them questions? If so, there is an event that may interest you.
IBM’s Information on Demand conference is being held during the last week of October in Las Vegas. This conference covers all aspects of information management, which of course is much broader than the management of XML data.
There are 29 sessions dedicated to native XML data management, including:
- 8 sessions where DB2 pureXML customers or consultants talk about their experiences
- 8 technical sessions, where you learn about the technical details of DB2 pureXML
- 8 hands-on lab sessions, where you get to use the software to complete mini projects
And you will be particularly interested in:
- 2 Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, where DB2 pureXML users get together to talk about their experiences
- Meet-the-Expert sessions, where you schedule 1×1 time with a DB2 pureXML expert to ask them whatever questions you want
And this is only the native XML data management part of the conference. The conference has much more to offer, including great opportunities to learn about all aspects of information management, to network with fellow professionals, and of course to be entertained.
One last thing… if you do go, keep an eye out for a free “DB2 pureXML for Dummies” booklet that will be handed out at the conference. It will be handed out at the DB2 booth in the Expo floor and at my speaking session.